Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 23RD to 25TH



































































Roger and Susie's Travels Well this past few days I have a few things going on Friday 23rd I had a day to myself went to the golf driving range and praticed. I have my second golfing with local club I joined ( our local pub called the fishermans Lodge )Also because we live in a resort area surrounded by camp grounds etc. We get a lot of people going for a walk in our area from their camp sites. I was out side along with my old car (1948 Chev Fleetline) getting ready for car show on Sunday plus other things When this fellow walks up and says I like your car and I said Thank you. He then says I know you you are Roger LaRose and I look at him with Suprize (about to say who are you) I am Bob Wills the last time I seen him was in 2003 (big shock because I did not recognise him must be the hat and dark glasses) the long and short we latter had a good vist at the camp site ( we have known each other for over forty years (working in the same industry civil construction etc) Saturday 24TH Susie took Stuart to the beach in our area (5 minute walk) They were having Skim board competions on our beach (getting pretty popular) Me I went to my golf game I did better then the first game I went to. But a big improvement in 18 holes I got one birdy and one par ( I got 124 for 18 holes big improvement from the first game (which I will not tell you what that was) most of the guys are in the 80,s so you know that I will be praticing for a while yet. Sunday 25TH Stuart and I got up early to head for the car show in Courtney (1/2 hour drive) Friends of our from Port Alberni also entered their car fairly new Ford Shelby. So we went together (we were already preregistered) Arrived at 7:30 AM and Stuart and I started cleaning and polishing Stuart did the glass and cromb wheels etc and I did the rest of the bodySusie and John Robbins sienoir met us about 10:00 am and spent the day with us all did'nt win any prizes but had a good time. ( pictures of car show is just a sample there was over 400 cars )

1 comment:

  1. Small world meeting up with old acquaintances. Nice pictures of the cars too. Keep up th good work.

    ReplyDelete