Friday, July 2, 2010




Roger and Susie's Travels (July 1st) I moved boat to a fresh water marina My friend Hal and I left Pacific playgrounds marina at 9:00 am took our time and fished along the way Hal caught a small coho (blue back) about 3 to 4 pounds then I caught a link cod a little over 2' a keeper Hal also caught a small ugly little mud shark about 2 ft long killed it for crab bait then the fun began as we went in to the river called (Campbell river) to the new fresh water marina it was 2 hrs before low tide but we missed the channel and got hung up on a sand bar (I did lift the motor so no damage to the props) As i shut the motor of and let the boat drift back to deeper water I seen a boat coming out I watched where he traveled and got to know were the deeper channel was once I drifted to deeper water I started the boat got over to the channel and came in and parked the boat (very scary but lesson learned) the moral of this story to come in a higher tide ????? After that experiences from other friend John came and picked us up and for a drink. Latter that day I went to pick up Stuart (my grand son) from Comox air port the rest of the evening was quite (July 2ND) Stuart and I did a day of guy things (we went in my old 48 Chevy car) went to the fishing store picked up 2 fishing reels that were being serviced (new line etc) got Stuart a fishing lic. went to the boat checked on things there. On the way home we stopped at a Golf club and hit a couple of baskets of golf balls (we are both in the learning mode) From there home to relax (sorry no pictures of the rest of the disasters today) Stuart and I finished the day off with a hot tub

1 comment:

  1. sounds like another busy day, but running aground you were lucky no damage.

    ReplyDelete